Monday, February 18, 2008

Cindy meets a Pod Person!

I had heard of the phenomenon 'podcasting' but really didn't have a clue until I went to a Technology Fair a couple of months ago. A couple of 'techies' were giving a mini podcasting demonstration so I decided to check it out. I quickly discovered that they were inexperienced and unsure of how things worked. I questioned whether I could actually do one myself, as they were involved in an AISI project - The 21st Century Learner and using all kinds of technology and yet here they were struggling.

Then I met a 'Pod Person'! She was cool, enthusiastic and knowledgeable! By then my head was spinning but she managed to explain things more clearly and I could see the potential in podcasting. Some words of advise that she gave me were to check some podcasts out, create one myself and then work with students on creating their own podcasts. Although it is two months later, here I am following her advise.

Because it had been awhile, I felt I needed to be reintroduced to podcasting. I went to YouTube and listened to NIU- What is a Podcast? which you too can listen to now with a click of your mouse!



I would recommend listening to this clip and using it as a brief introduction to podcasting. It was very informative and reviewed and clarified some key elements of creating a podcast.

No comments: