Saturday, March 8, 2008

Peanut...Peanut Butter...Yeah!

I love peanut butter, you love peanut butter....Peanut....Peanut Butter...Yeah!!!

I am singing the praises of the wiki website where I chose to upload Assignment 2! I chose pbwiki...peanutbutter wiki as my website.

Creating the wiki and defining its password was a quick 3 step process. There is alot of support on this website and I was able to watch a 'tour' of the pbwiki website. It has other features that made it appealing such as widgets or plug ins for photos, chats and video. It has a built in connection to YouTube. You can download a pdf or a slideshow. It has easy text editing and visitors can edit. Anyone can make a new wiki any time.

Another feature that appealed to me was the information page for Educators. They discussed ten different questions that an educator might ask before they would sign their class up. Questions such as; Is it safe?, How will this help my students?, Can I control access?, How much does it cost? and more. On this page you could access wiki examples and case studies. Overall I felt it was user friendly and the best choice.

My partner Katie and I will be inviting our class to join us on our wiki on pbwiki.com in a few days to collaborate on digital game playing. I hope you enjoy using this site as much as I did when creating our wiki.

No comments: